Sunday, May 19, 2013

Wedding Favors: Kids Part 1

I have a cute country theme going for our wedding in August. Which consists of burlap, lace, and of course mason jars! So for the favors we will having mason jars as drinking glasses. For the kids favors I am putting coloring pages and crayons in the glasses. We will have lawn games but I wanted something special for the kiddos.

Here is the cute crayon holder I came up with. Thought it was nicer then tossing some crayons in a jar.



You will need about 1/4 yard of burlap, crayons, siscors, hot glue gun and glue sticks, and ribbon to match your wedding colors.


I laid the crayons on the burlap to see how big I needed to cut it. When I went to Joann's for the burlap I learned and easy way to cut a straight line in the burlap. You pull the string out at the exact spot you want to cut it then cut on the gap it left, will look like below. Keeps the line straight and helps it from fraying.




Go ahead and cut all the burlap to the size you need it. Plug in the glue gun and let it warm up. The pieces should look like this.




Put a line of glue on both sides of the burlap about halfway down, fold bottom up and gently press side together. The glue will come out of the holes in the burlap so be careful, its will burn!




Let the hot glue dry and put the crayons into the pouch. I used yellow and blue ribbon since they are my wedding colors but you can use any colors or types of ribbon you'd like. Double knot the ribbon around the punch and put a drop of hot glue on the knot. Attach knot to pouch. This will keep it from moving or falling off the pouch. Tie the ribbon into a bow and your done! Its a cute pouch that adds the special attention you expect to see at a wedding.



Hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment