Thursday, May 23, 2013

DIY Workout Shirt

I am part of a meetup group that gets together and does different pintert pins. For the events we make a recipe we have pinned on pinterst and make a craft we have also pinned. Our upcoming event is to repurpose a old T-shirt. So it got my mind wondering and I decided to do something ahead of time. 

Here comes the new work shirt I have now made two of! I found this pin on pinterst but I can't seem to find the original source so I had to twist it up and figure it out on my own, heres what I have (ignore the nasty hair, just came from the gym!).

All you need is a pair of scissors, hot glue gun, ribbon, and a old T-shirt.

Front

Back
And it was very easy and quick, only took about a half hour. First find a T-shirt that is a little large on you. Then cut the sleeves, neck and bottom off as shown below.


Flip to the back of the shirt. The gray spot is the part you cut off the shirt to make the open back.


Instead of the huge bow on the link I posted above I cut 5 or 6 slices of thin ribbon I had on hand, or you can pick up thick ribbon. I hot glued the 5 or 6 ribbons together to make a think and sturdy piece that looks like this.


Then you can wrap around the arm pieces and hot glue in a few places until all the ribbon is wrapped.


Thats it! Try on your shirt and adjust the ribbon to wear you want it and your ready to work out. Makes a nice breezy and hip workout shirt. 


No comments:

Post a Comment